GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14bmws View Post
I came out of an M3 and into my X5. You are kidding yourself if you honestly think your X5 can keep up with an M3 on ANY road.

Ive been driving BMWs for 30 years. My current X is a disappointment with a beautiful interior (sport black headliner, nappa full leather, comfort seats, all the toys). The abrupt throttle, jerky tranny that is constantly trying to get to 8th gear, and ponderous handling are just sub par.
I was going to reply with a big long explanation of our little trip to the Tail of the Dragon and how I actually did keep up with M3s and M6s and even have videos but you are convinced it can't. But when I was leading the M3, I outpulled him at every corner exit, forcing him to wind out every straight and late brake going into the next corner to catch back up. Here is a pic of that run I can post... Note how flat the X5 is, even compared to the M3..

PS: we ran away from a CTS-V Coupe that smoked his brakes trying to hang with us...
PPS: I certainly don't have an abrupt throttle and jerky tranny. Yes it will go to 8th gear when just poking along, even at 45 mph, but it seemlessly downshifts and takes off if needed.
I'm sorry but if an M3 had problems keeping up with ur x5 on any road the guy can't drive lol please don't tell me he's a race car driver. I have an X5M, which can outperform ur X in every way, and M3s have no problem keeping up with me in turns.
Ur basically saying that ur non M x5 can out handle one of the best handling cars in the world... I don't know if ur aware of how ridiculous that sounds.
Appreciate 0