View Single Post
      07-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #289
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
I also did the trans fluid and filter and it didn't seem to make much difference. I haven't done the giubo, but if that were the problem I'd expect all gears to shift poorly or feel generally crappy. I think when the giubo is bad, you typically feel an elastic lunging when hitting and letting off the throttle. At least that's how it's felt with my manual vehicles. Try putting your car in sport mode and manually select a gear and go on/off the throttle - does it have this elastic back and forth feeling? If so, that could be your giubo, or probably any of the other rubber mounts in the driveline.

I did replace the transfer case mount as mine was totally broken. I will probably be doing engine mounts too in the near future. I don't know if these vehicles have the same failure at the rear diff mounts like the cars do (E46, E90, etc).
try re-adapting the tcase. Could help with that jerk!