View Single Post
      12-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #6
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgeko View Post
This would be a wonderful car to own, except for issues that BMW just cant fix.
My Beefs:
1) Side view mirrors don't really collapse, they break when bumped. They only collapse under controlled pressure. In reality when does this happen. Cost be 2.5K to get it replaced
2) Seat profiles - hasn't worked from day 1. BMW just can't get it right. There is no provision for updating a profile. You can reset it, you can save it, but the retrieve function does not work. Irritates me to no extent when I get into the car and start getting jammed against the roof and the steering wheel.
3) Roasting or Freezing armrest and storage space. In summer the armrest and the storage area below it freezes if rear air conditioning is enabled. In winter it roasts. The dealership took it apart, put some non standard insulation and sealed the joints. It has improved - but still not right.
4) Tires - the Michelin sport tires that come with the car - 12K Kms and they are down to 5 mm. Steering is unstable in regular mode driving. Dealership has no answer. I looked at the Michelin web site and they say they warrant tread wear to 35K Kms - have to hound them to get it replaced.
5) Collision warning sensor - has a mind of its own. Initially it would give a warning when I was on someones bumper and the warning had been set to early. God help me if I set it to late. Be sitting next to the driver of the next car! BMW tinkered with it - and it has improved, but still get sporadic false alarms.
6) The car has been in the shop an average of once every month. Just the mileage to the dealer ship and back is 50Km - mileage, fuel and my time add up to a lot.
7) Parts - nothing is stock. They have to order parts and it takes 10 - 15 days for it to come in and then wait for an appointment to get it fixed.
8) Had a problem with the start stop. They had two get two control modules before it worked.
9) The maps are supposed to be auto linking to google - but it doesn't. The system does not know when the highways are reconfigured. Have to use Google maps on a separate device to navigate in those areas
10) Side view mirror deicers take a long time to work.
These are gripes - but when a car costs 129K before tax - I think it is very relevant. BMW doesn't discount the car for problems.
Anyway - I am in a dilemma - I leased the car. Do I keep the car or walk away from it at the end of the lease. The drive is great, but the service and support isnt. Not sure if I want to take a chance after the lease.
To me that's a no brainer... I'd run from that car after lease is up and or ask to terminate the lease early due to all the issues that they can't fix. That's either a Monday car or Friday car
Appreciate 0