View Single Post
      02-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #17
mfenn
Dr. Dound
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11, Plat Gray, X5 xDrive 3.5d

Garage List
I had a Dinan tune in an e39 5 series. I got better mileage and more performance, too.
I would think that since the Dinan BMW WON the Rolex 24 a few days ago, that BMWNA would recognize that "DINAN" as painted on the left front bumper of the winning car validates BMW's decision to use this manufacturer's parts to their own benefit, so why the double standard? Simply put: Consumers usually will not maintain a car to more than what is freely done; this isn't good for a dealer that wants to sell each car an average of 3 times. I always changed my oil (Mobil 1) at 3750 miles and added an exhaust and oil cooler to aid my car's cooling ability. I also saw NO codes thrown in 40K miles.
Pure BS is how I would describe BMWNA's warranty-voiding antics as regards Dinan products. Maybe BMWNA should give the trophy back to Rolex and insist that their car was modded by Dinan and therefore the (win) trophy must be voided based on integrity and consistency with their SOP and Corporate Policy? I just do not see that happening!
Congratulations on winning the 2011 Rolex 24, BMW-DINAN!

Last edited by mfenn; 02-03-2011 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: Corporate spelled wrong.
Appreciate 0