02-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperbmw View Post
My 2010 X5 (93K miles) stopped working 2 weeks ago while driving. Engine stopped, gear shifted to neutral and never start again. Luckily, not cause any accident on the road. The BMW service replaced in-tank fuel pump first but still not working then said the pressure regulator was the issue. Replaced the pressure regulator and still not working. 3th attend was to replace the high pressure pump. After the technician teared apart found out the timing chain was broken. Now they are asking $9500 to take apart the engine to find out the main cause and replace the timing chain. The worst case is going to need a new motor and will cost around $22000 for parts and labor. What should i do?
Is anyone has this issue?
Dude that's a total ! That's more than its worth !

I don't know what to tell you other than maybe it's time to either sell it in its current form for cheap and maybe the dealer will buy it from you and just buy another lower mileage one for that kind of money. I mean for 22k you could buy a newer year with lower mileage, add the few thousand yours gets and you could even get into a f15.
Appreciate 0