View Single Post
      11-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
batlin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyboy View Post
I don't know for sure since I didn't buy CPO. Like you, I would think a CPO warranty mirrors that of the factory warranty. However, that does not appear to be the case, as my factory warranty would have definitely covered a door lock actuator and anything else that went wrong, as long as I'm not at fault. The underwriters of the CPO warranties are very likely the same folks who underwrite the BMW extended warranties, since they're both crunching numbers to ensure BMW, overall, comes out ahead. When extending the factory warranty prior to expiration, there are many options for coverage with varying costs. I chose to keep my money in the bank. Your CPO issue may be a big unknown for many people, who are under the impression that their CPO warranty mirrors the factory warranty. I'm certain many people do not read the fine print of CPO warranties (I admit I probably wouldn't have), and salesmen probably "puff" about the coverage. I'd be interested to hear from others with CPO warranty claims experience...

I agree with you on the 'not reading fine print' When we bought this X5 it just came with the CPO, it isn't anything I added other wise I most likely would have read a little closer. I have my servicer appointment today so we will see what happens.
Appreciate 0