View Single Post
      06-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
BostOntaz
Registered
Rep
Drives: black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle View Post
What parts of your M package were missing?
Missing black chrome exhaust, chrome trim gas pedal, M sill plates. Questionable on the power upgrade, but how does one quantify that with no visual proof? Thing that ticks me off is they tried to slide it by without a word.

After I complained, I saw the e-mail from Spartanburg to the dealer: "Some early M-package cars were released without the Black exhaust tips and M sill plates". They will be fitted under a regular warranty claim." No mention of the gas pedal trim. The black fog trim is a non-starter as it's not specifically mentioned on any specs- it's just a visual error on the USAweb configuration.

The stupid silver fog trims just snaps out by itself-paint it or leave it off if you dig the black fog trim look.

The exhaust has to be changed from the rear axle back as the black 'finishers' are welded onto the muffler outlets. I'm sure BMW is trying to figure a way out without replacing an expensive muffler assembly.

The steering leak recall will be 'official' with the letter. No mention on the BMW USA site as an official campaign yet. But is will be a warranty issue-provided I don't get toasted first.

BT
Appreciate 0