View Single Post
      10-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
DrRay81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS Frozen White

2011 X5M 35k miles engine malfuction?!?!

I just got my truck back from service at 35k miles. it's a 2011 X5M and it had the oil changed, spark plugs, and air filters changed. the inspection came back fine. 4 days later i was aggressively passing a buick enclave in M mode(car was warmed up) and about 60% throttle the car hesitates and starts bucking, the engine gong rings and the CEL comes on. idrive says engine malfunction, running at reduced power. i was about 1/4 mile from home so i go home and call my service advisor he says to bring it in and i start the truck up again and no CEL. i debate on whether even to take it in at this point, the dealer is 9.8 miles away so i head out onto the main street and decide to replicate what i did before so M button on and 60% throttle onto highway merge. and exact same things happens. it would barely do 60 on the highway felt like it was running on 4 cylinders. idle was a bit lumpy too. once at the dealer they scanned my key and no errors came up. any ideas on what this could be? still waiting for the diagnosis from the dealer. hope it's not something too bad, i really like the truck and i just got it not too long ago, fortunately its all warranty work.
Appreciate 0