View Single Post
      04-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
v8888vx6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6 50i 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Interesting, sometimes I wonder how the SA (service advisor) statement of work, really accurate or just plain lies?

I can buy injectors issue, rather common on 1st gen DI engine by BMW, but turbo gaskets?

Good job, fighting the bogus charges, if your car was repaired with new injectors 1/2 year ago, you should get the latest 8 injectors already (the one in 2009 car and the latest are not compatible so all 8 had to be replaced at that time) and one-bank fail code means you don;t need to replace all 8 again, only the one in that bank. Yes $550 is about right for part + labor + coding.

IMHO, BMWNA needs to protect franchise by penalizing bad dealers, the one that's racking up bogus unnecessary works. It's a delicate balance I know, BMWNA wants to give business to dealers but not at the expense of customers and still thrive at the end among competition in luxury brands
My service advisor was a tool. She told an X6 has around 60 computers, and that why we have to change the battery's every 2 years. I have to disconnect the IBS sensor and problem was gone.
The CPO warranty is a scam (only third party). I was told that covers only specific codes. If code shows a faulty turbo- BMW pays, if it a different code- not covered by CPO warranty (gasket in my case) - I have to pay, and that effing gasket cost as a new turbo unit.
Appreciate 0