View Single Post
      11-20-2015, 07:41 AM   #61
Creamo3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Call it rumors, speculation, lies between the competion, but I've read that all these tunes are a base map from BR Consulting, so I actually bought two tunes...ESS ($1500, haven't installed yet) and MorePower.de ($800, installed, removed for dyno testing pre tune numbers, reinstalled but have yet to retest for post tune numbers), both of which are "stage 2" since I've got gutted/catless downpipes. If my post tune numbers are as advertised, MorePower has agreed to pay for half my dyno time and then I'll be returning the ESS tune.

Even after replacing both PCV lines going from the valve covers to the intake tubes, both intake tubes and their gaskets that feed to the turbo themselves, upgraded from index 07 to 12 injectors...I'm still getting a random Reduced Power warning that goes away from cycling the engine off/on. I can hear/feel it coming as it sounds like a misfire, little less power and then I get the message, but oddly it jumps right back tp full power even if the message remains. This weekend I'll be installing new plugs, smoke test (MorePower is determined to thinkI've got a boost leak after seeing my dyno powerband) and then I'll return to the dyno for post tune numbers.
I have a feeling most of these tuners are using the same "canned" tune, but maybe not Anyway, is that baseline run on a Mustang dyno?
Appreciate 0