View Single Post
      11-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #59
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I've spent little under a week emailing with Ando about why I should choose their tunes. Their first goto is all the stuff they've done to other BMW's and then what they've done with the F10 M5. Although I kept reminding him that the M5 has different turbos, headers, ECU, Comp Package runs more timing and boost, exhaust from the downpipes back, higher compression and valvetronic...he still keeps bragging about the M5. I suggested that since they're focus is fastest quarter mile that they should get an X5/6M time up there, he said it's not that popular to tune (which he's right and why I spend more time on the M5 boards now), so with that said, just remember - is a canned tune. They do have the best price, theyrl jave good results from prior cars, I haven't seen it firsthand but it's claimed to be user adjustable via a laptop (more boost, I'm not sure if we can adjust timing or anything else) and soon they'll beer making it OBDII flashable.

PP-Performance and Renntech have broken into the 11's stock, but they're like $4000+ for a tune. Based on www.dragtimes.com, the lowest I've seen out there otherwise is low 12's with Eurocharged, so I'm torn between these two.

A lot of people pound the pavement with Velos' customer support, but at his price, it's what one should expect and thinking bigger picture, how long you really gonna need the great support because after a few days it's not like the guys coming over for dinner or watch the kids, instead we'll be out driving around and likely never need him again

To add more confusion, ESS tuned 'allmotor2000' M5 and he's pushing into the 800hp range, but he's using Burger piggyback to control the wastegates and running a JB4...things I've never heard of mentioned here.

AA, VF and I'm sure there's a few other are also options. The choice is yours. Most want great customer service, but I could careless...I want the most HP, consistent numbers and best price. While Burger is expandable, Eurocharged offers tuning upgrades for life, so I'm likely going Eurocharged and may even make a roadtrip to Texas or just do remote tuning through them via using a local dyno so I'll have a custom tune for my mods.
Just from what i've read there is very little knowledge on this board in terms of performance (which is kind of to be expected). Canned tunes make me cringe. Id love to go local with Eurocharged and get it actually tuned but at $2500... They can pound sand. I've always been amazed at how bad the euro community gets raped for tuning or "flashed" cost.
Appreciate 0