View Single Post
      12-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #9
getafewlives
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Yeah...I'll pass on that "feature"...I don't need the car pumping additional cold air in 18 degree temperatures, like this morning...be it dry or damp. What it "should" do is let me decide how I want my ambient temperature/air.

The constant vacuum leaks are also a feature, they prevent you from using full power thus improving fuel economy...
If the temperature is set to hot, then it should be hot air. Just because the AC compressor is on, doesn't mean you are getting cold air.

If you have the temp set warm, and the controls are on auto, you should only get warm air out, regardless of if it is cold outside and the AC is on. Even if it is freezing outside and your engine is still cold, the vehicle should not put out cold air (or keep the fan speed to a minimum) until the engine has warmed up sufficiently enough to put out warm air.

Have you ever noticed how some cheap or old cars tend to have foggy windows when it rains, or have a musky smell when you're inside? That's all thanks to moist air. If you're smart, you will just keep it in auto and set the dial to the temperature you want.
Appreciate 0