View Single Post
      10-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #80
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Thanks for the reply PAX5.

I have to believe an all season tire w/ a fair amount of praise here and elsewhere will be much better than the Dueler slicks. As mentioned in my earlier posts, I'm not crossing mountain passes in my X.

Not planning on putting the Duelers back on before the truck goes back at the end of my Owner's Choice period fall of 2016 so I'm not concerned about the cost of swapping and mounting adding up. Lastly, I sure hope the shop I'm using to mount the new tires doesn't scratch up my rims, that would be pretty awful service - I'm not having a gas station attendant do it.

Little plug for Tire Rack - their customer service is fantastic. It's a breath of fresh air to speak to someone who actually seems to want to help a customer, enjoys their job and is knowledgable about the product they're selling. My dealership was grouchy, clueless, absurdly over priced as well as refused to let me ship to them from the Rack (granted they wanted to sell me their stock but the grouchiness and stupidity came before I inquired if I could ship to them). Btw Audi dealership welcomed us shipping winters to them for my wife's car last fall.

Tire Rack rep also volunteered the info PAX5 mentioned above about certain installers refusing to deal with going from run flats to non run flats on OEM rims. He recommended a shop nearby who are noted as being willing to do that no problem. (that's not for you PAX5)

Btw, temp took a plunge today here in Chicago and flurries are expected - Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0