View Single Post
      08-15-2022, 04:12 PM   #11
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Bringing back this thread from the dead, currently in the process of sanding smooth all the textured black plastic trim on my e70 and will be paint matching all of it. As for the aluminum running board trim, I’ll be blacking that out. Has anyone ever completed this? If so, can you post some pictures on here? Not sure if I want to do matte black, gloss black, was thinking maybe even bedliner type of paint on the runningboards just haven’t made my mind up yet.

Also, anyone wondering disassembly for the running boards, you have to pop all of the black plastic rivets off of the underside of the running board, pop the one plastic rivet off of each side of the running board and removal is just getting The back lip of the running board (that meets up against the car) to slide off near the bottom of each door but there is very limited access. Then once they are off the car there are five or six screws on the back of the runningboards holding the aluminum pieces on. Then those separate from the rubber molded ”traction dots”. You also must have the bottom portion of the fender flare removed as well to access one of the last Poppin style rivets to fully remove the running board. And to do that you have to remove some of the inner wheel liner.

Definitely not for the faint of heart lol but I had most of the car disassembled due to currently rebuilding my N55 so I figured while I was doing that I might as well color match the whole car.
Appreciate 0