03-17-2024, 03:17 PM   #1
M57kevin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E70 Diesel

Garage List
  [0.00]
E70 Diesel finally getting mods

Hi guys, I’m new to the forum and wanted to show off my E70 and how I’m building it out. I’ve had this baby for almost two years now and I’m finally getting around to some major maintenance and adding a few performance bits.

She’s got 130k miles, so first order of business was suspension. Replaced all upper control arms, and added the BC Racing BR coil overs (16k/14k swift springs). I’ve also replaced most of the trim with black or painted it, and I painted the wheels myself (it shows lol).

I read up on this coil kit a bunch and kind of knew what to expect… yep, it’s bouncy alright. I was surprised how how high the rear is at max low, but the forward rake is growing on me. It feels like the springs are settling out some now, and the handling is a very noticeable improvement. Currently set at 22F/13R on the dampers. Spring rate is sporty but not uncomfortable.

Next list items are wheel spacers, replace lower control arm bushings, sway bar links, and engine/trans tunes. Probably going to repaint wheels this summer when the sun is out here in Denver.

Excited to get to know some of you guys!

Tristen
Attached Images

Appreciate 1