07-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH View Post
I wonder why they can't or won't offer a few pre programmed tunes for the driver to select him or herself? I'm sure it could be done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
You can program steering effort or steering speeds but feedback and feeling is based on how much of the road you can feel through the steering wheel. Unless you have some kind of mechanical device to engage/disengage, you can't change that via programming.

For most people driving on regular roads, having that kind of feedback is not needed. But when you're hanging corners on the limit of adhesion, that feedback is crucial to knowing how much tire grip you have and how/when the tires break away when traction is lost.

I believe it CAN be done via software coding. At least that is what TuningWerk told me they did on their M235i with 444 Hp I drove a few years back. Even just driving the car a few meters... you could tell how much better that car's steering was over a stock car. Now granted they did have some KW custom suspension and upper strut mounts - but that car's steering was really amazing. They said most of the steering feel was all done via SW.

First Look and Taste of the Tuningwerk M235i Beast
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978175

Dackel
Appreciate 5