View Single Post
      07-08-2015, 11:57 PM   #16
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63S Wagon

If you're really interested in the truck, I'd call BMW of Austin as they probably have all the history. Better yet, go over there in person and just explain what you're doing. If you're lucky, you'll find someone sympathetic and willing to help. Tell them you look forward to working with their service department. You'll be looking for three things:

- The DCS report. This will tell you all the warranty service history. If you get really lucky, they'll give you the raw version which also has the last owner's name and address. Give them a call! It might sound creepy but will definitely be worth your time.
- The CPO checklist. This document details the CPO inspection and what failed. This is a handwritten report so your chances might be slim.
- The CPO repair order. Every car that comes in to be CPO'd will have a repair order, if for no other reason than to order up the CPO inspection. This will show you what was repaired in order to bring it up to CPO standards and might give you a little insight into what the truck was like back in April 2014.

You might also run into a situation like I have with my truck. Whether it was a service loaner, used by the dealership, a corporate vehicle, or something else I can't think of, for whatever reason the base 4/50 warranty was extended by three months or 5000 miles (it was a lease return and I bought it from the original selling dealership). Mine is CPO but CPO starts with the in service date, so technically speaking I only get 21 months of CPO warranty because of the base extension.

GL!