View Single Post
      10-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #32
Deviant
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Matte is still very popular and if you like it then I'd suggest buying your car and getting a matte wrap done. Being in CA you are close to some of the best wrap guys in the country. At my friends shop I routinely see everything from Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Ferrari to Range Rovers and Teslas getting matte wraps done. Think of it as a protective film and if you lease your car, or sell it after 3-4 years, just take it off and you have the best paint job of any 3-4 year old car.

I also think the black trend will be here for a while. I look at two things. First is all the popular instagram car feeds and how little chrome to no chrome you see on the most popular cars. There's a TON with black wheels and other blacked out or color matched features. Second is the new car industry. I'd have to argue with the one poster about chrome staying in. Just look at the most typical chrome heavy vehicle - a new truck. This is Chevy's new Colorado and it has color matched bumpers and mirrors. The Ford below it is the "Limited" more expensive (no chrome) version. I think a lot of people are over chrome and why removing the chrome grill surrounds is one of the most popular things to do with the M3/M4 (black them out or color match them).

There's always going to be that group of stock guys that think if you do anything to your car outside of stock that you're an idiot. So this post is meant towards those interested in modding their car.

Last edited by Deviant; 10-10-2014 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0