View Single Post
      11-17-2020, 07:53 PM   #22
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 e70 lci 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Yea the dealer just went under the front and unplugged the transfer case and the vibrations stopped so that's how they determined it was the transfer case. With the transfer case unplugged it failed to operate so the vehicle was smooth in tight turns again.

Since late 2013 their has been a new design released for our transfer case that supersedes all past designs (2011 - 2012 model ATC450). and is supposed to solve all issues from past models. So far their has been over 4 redesigns and the 2013 x5 model got an entirely new design that won't work with ours supposedly.
I had this same issue, and same diagnosis with unplugging the TC and shuddering went away. I also tried pulling fuses. Mine is a 2011 35i with an ATC450. At first I tried changing fluid, which came out grey, but didn't help, so I did a full rebuild. At first removal of the TC, the failed mount fell out of its position. Pressing in a new TC mount would be an easier fix than a whole TC rebuild. Hope this helps everybody for yet another diagnosis.
Appreciate 0