View Single Post
      01-07-2018, 06:56 PM   #156
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

I don't have MHD, so I tried it. JB4 doesn't work, AVIN gave me a vague reply basically saying they don't know anything about the chipset as to why it won't connect. I had this same problem with a cheap no name $50 tablet but my LG tablet sees it, so I use that now. While I'd like to be able to run JB4 on the screen, I'm fine with it being on the tablet since that's all it's used for...not that anything bad or crazy is happening, but I won't miss anything changing music tracks or something if I'm not monitoring the JB4 on the stereo.

I've tried mirroring a few times, it'd work OK but then would give me a connection error anytime I did screen inputs via the stereo. I wasn't using a factory cable and haven't tried again with a factory one, so who knows. Mirroring is cool but I don't see myself using it daily at all since I have installed Showbox and Waze directly into the stereo and then I've got an app on my phone that turns on my hotspot when it senses I'm connected to the stereo via Bluetooth. I start Pandora, set my phone down (since I can control it via the screen), fire up Waze for my daily commute and/or Showbox if permitting.
Appreciate 0