View Single Post
      01-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #16
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

It really comes down to what you want out of it, if you just want a reliable driver and speed and such doesn't matter then I'd stick to the i6 now you want push you in the seat speed and such then take a look at the 50i it doesn't disappoint.

To some speed and torque is king so they will over look other things.

When I was in the market I took both out for a spin and while the v8 is fantastic my service advisor and even a friend who races BMW's told me I was crazy if I bought the v8, he said 9 times out of 10 it's the v8 in the shop for engine related issues and be prepared to keep my wallet open if I didn't have a warranty, that was enough for me to keep it to the i6, I already have a fast car and the X5 was for my wife to drive with our daughter so the v8 wasn't in the end that important, reliability was more important than speed at this point in my life. Even with book ends some being a money pit and others never giving a problem it was to much of a gamble to roll the dice without a warranty.

In the end it's your call, just be happy with your purchase nothing is worse than paying for a car that you regret getting if it's not what you want.
Appreciate 0