View Single Post
      01-12-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
1flossedm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I love my 2012 50i M Sport, same vehicle you're looking at. Reliability has been great for me, but on this forum the N63 V8 is heavily frowned upon.

Oil consumption...I have to add a quart every so often, not a big deal. No issues with battery, but it was replaced under the N63 campaign.

Overall BMW has called out a number of issues under the above mentioned campaign, however BMW is covering all of those regardless of miles. Some people got really bent out of shape at that, but I didn't see the big deal in it. Drop off at dealer, they replace a bunch of stuff, get vehicle back. BMW also extended the driveshaft warranty to 10 years/120K miles I believe due to some failures.

This vehicle is a lot of fun to drive and own. Still expensive to own, will be noticeably more-so that your 3 series (I've had a few of those, the X5 repairs are definitely higher). Still, prices have really dropped on them in the past year, it's a lot of vehicle for 30K IMO.
Thanks for the reply. The vehicle had the campaign done along with the following:

Customer Care Package done, including all 8 new injectors
- Drive shaft replaced
- Valve stems and valves replaced
- 4 new rotors and pads (2016)
- new auxiliary water pump and lines.
Appreciate 0