02-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #22
n3985
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
Posts like this crack me up. I live in a climate that rarely gets ABOVE 45 degrees for half of the year, it's almost always raining, and people run the RFT Bridgestones without much thought. I've never once lost traction on them in cold wet conditions.

When I've driven them in snow, they had okay grip in 3 or 4" of unplowed snow. I don't think I'd try driving in heavy snow, but occasional use? I don't see a problem as long as you're careful with stopping distances and cornering speeds.

FWIW I've tried them in empty parking lots on a couple inches of snow and until you turn off the traction control, you can barely get them to break loose when the nannies are assisting. I've not tried them on ice, never had any this year.

:shrug:
Granted yes that summer tires do work in snow/cold to a certain degree. However they are not designed nor meant to do that regularly.

Please video your journey next time into anything above an inch of plowed or unplowed snow with your summer tires, it should be worth the giggles.
Appreciate 0