View Single Post
      06-16-2023, 07:58 PM   #18
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I've been enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. I'm very late to the party, but so far it's the only title I've played that actually uses the 4090 without me having to resort to mods and/or paying someone on Patreon. I was really interested in some of that hyper-realism on games like GTAV, but that whole scene is a mess with so many hoops through which to jump. It's pretty rare a full-on game grabs my attention nowadays, but I can't say I'll pick up a Switch just for one game (there was a time I'd totally do it, though.. like Pitfall II on Atari 2600). I play a lot of idlers. System Shock remake (demo) was pretty cool. I can't remember very much at all of the original, which makes it practically a new game. I've got it on wishlist for when it goes on sale. I wasn't going to even look at Diablo IV.. sounds like I should. Though I will say I did not enjoy D2 or D3 nearly as much as the first. I think a lot of that has to do where I was in life at those times, though.

Starfield is on my wishlist, as well.
If you didn’t like 3 I wouldn’t bother with 4.
I get a lot of what you are saying.

I ended up moving away from games like CoD towards games like FFXIV, because I have others to play with who don’t / can’t compete in twitch shooters, but also because CoD got super boring… it was an endless game of cat and mouse, or more simply “tag your it.”

I was getting 32 run kill streaks without a death and it was certainly a high, but it was not without cost. As I got older it was just too much adrenaline.

RPG’s, or life sims with fantasy or otherworldly stories are really where it’s at for me now. These aren’t games anymore, they are practically fully fledged worlds you inhabit for a month or more.

I love Bloodborne to death and to a bit lesser extent, Dark Souls / Elden Ring… but I am somewhat souring on them because they are becoming CoD like. I don’t enjoy being constantly forced into interactions with other gamers, it feels like a form of kidnapping and I don’t mind fighting them from time to time… but the constant invasions wears me down when I just want to do the fucking story and fart around in the lands between. Just leave me the fuck alone, is how I feel a lot in elden ring. I want to appreciate the game and these mofo just won’t stop bothering me.

I can run a gank squad in Elden Ring, but it’s just boring. I get nothing out of it. I don’t enjoy PvP anymore. If a game has no story, I’m out.

Diablo iv is a time wasting loot grinder, but it’s fun to run it with some friends and get new shiny stuff every 20min or so lol. It is not a masterpiece but it is fun.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is possibly going to be the best game this year, it’s just too much fun to play those Divinity type games, and my favorite is actually the first Divinity: OS, because it was lighthearted and silly.

Perfect game to waste away a week or a month from time to time with the kids. I’m hopeful BG3 is more lighthearted than Divinity 2, which was just too sad and serious (literally everything everywhere was dying or hurt, no laughing or silliness, it depressed me).

The world already is a shithole, if you look at it. I want games to take me away from that, not make me even more depressed about the state of affairs.

To that end, Zelda is perfect.
It has combat that is amazing, as deep as you want it to be without sacrificing quick and smooth gameplay, a nice RPG like crafting/upgrade system, a cool story, EXCELLENT animations and character control (the Japanese are the best at this bar none), and finally a Skyrim-like open world with TONS to explore.

Most fun Zelda game ever for me, with possibly “a link to the past” as the exception to that, but I was a kid then and nothing is ever as fun as when you are young.

Hell, drinking a cold soda was such a joy.
Now it’s just, “this is diabetes.”

First time I got pussy was like… earth shattering. I felt like a king. Now it’s just, eh. Everything was great as kid, wasn’t it?

The secret to my life appears to be trying the best I can to find pieces of happiness in a world of factual misery. I see misery everywhere except my family. Video games are great because I can stay home, suspend disbelief for awhile (in the good ones), and forget that I am just another slowly dying mutant human on a sick planet in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by people I despise who would likely kill me if they could.

Dark Souls really was poignant with the “life is a curse” thing. It’s the Ying/Yang as I understand it I guess… the can’t live with it, can’t live without it… meandering through each day trying to find a smile here and there.
What the fuck am I talking about.
Shit.

If starfield is any good, it will be a near religious experience for me. I’ve come to appreciate the fake relationships of video game NPC’s more than real ones and Bethesda provides in spades for that.

How fucking pathetic is that?
Very.

Oh well.
I guess this all actually could be framed differently, but I’m in a shitty mood and with me, the world and everything in it moves with my disposition.

Right now, everything sucks ha ha.

Well, everything except Zelda.
She’s a princess and I am her shining knight!
I’m off to hyrule.

I apologize for writing this epic waste of words. Someday I will be punished severely for this transgression, along with all my other sins.
Appreciate 1
Joachim349.00