View Single Post
      06-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #82
nvgoldendog
Registered
Rep
Drives: E70

I have a X5 35D which I had the ECU reflashed a couple of years ago. I didn't remove the DPF or make any other physical changes, just tuned and removed speed limiter. She has run like a beast for a while now. Eventually though, I had to pull the engine out as the Exhaust manifold ended up warping and studs broke off. Also small turbo was leaking. I had the lower turbo sent out for rebuild and we ended up finding a hairline crack in the turbo where the exhaust exits. I bought a used one at a wreaking yard off a 2011 and sent that out for rebuild, it also had a crack in that same area. This may be a defect in the mold, but most likely it is being caused from the excessive heat of the exhaust. I ended up getting a new lower turbo.

Today, looking at my X5 in many pieces and the engine out, and examining the DPF, there is a lot of soot on the exit pipe, after it should have burned all the soot. Since I most likely will need to replace the DPF, I decided now is the time to go with the same thing as CommanderWiggin. I ordered the DPF bypass kit today from California, probably from the same place. Only thing I am not doing is putting a straight pipe on mine and instead clearing out the SCR contents so it is empty on the pipe.

Funny, my car is the same color as CommanderWiggin. Looking forward to the DPF removal and will re-tune/flash it.
Appreciate 0