jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_19 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Relatively new here but spent a lot of time researching all of the great knowledge before I purchased my 2012 X5 diesel in space gray. It has the usual list of upgrades (Sport, premium sound, premium package, tech, etc).

I've never really done mods on a car but really have the itch and some extra cash laying around that I would like to customize with. I was hoping people on the forum would make some suggestions.

Here is what I have so far:

Painted front reflectors (in hand but not installed)
Tint - done
wheel spacers (12/20) (in hand but not installed)
weathertech cargo liner
Wheels - last one the list since it will take me a while to choose
Plasti-dip the kidney grills and rear badge black gloss - done

Things I've considered:
JBD Tuner (seems to be the best from the research I've done)
OEM Aero Kit
Oval exhaust tips (can't seem to find ones that will work)
BAV Sound upgrade

What else do you think would be good upgrades? I'll post some pics soon. I'm going to do a full detail once the weather breaks a bit. Thanks!
I really like the aero kit on the LCI sport models, you don't see those too often.

I would recommend an X5M steering wheel, though you have a diesel and I don't believe the paddles would work so probably not worth it. Though the wheel is thicker and has the tri-stitching which looks real sharp.

You have a 2012 so you have at least the hi-fi sound package at a minimum and perhaps the Premium Sound Package…not sure how much the Bav upgrade would really improve your setup? I haven't read the best stuff on that package. If you had an '11 with the base audio it would probably be worth it.

Let's see some pics
Appreciate 0