View Single Post
      08-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
eric0619
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Some small modifications through coding

Today is a good day!!

I got a 2011 E70 back on June. It really bothers me when I lock the car these mirrors won't fold it automatically (and Mercedes has it). I started my research on all the BMW forums. I found couple guys who can do it. At first, I really want to just find someone locally so if anything happens I can just go back to him, however, it didn't work out that way. Instead I found Patryk in Poland. He really did a great job. Very simple steps to follow. All you need is a notebook and internet access. Just want to share this experience with all you guys because i did learn a lot from this forum and now it's my time to pay back.

Here is the list for what I have done to my car through coding.

Enable digital speed to the display on my speedometer
(It’s really a great feature to have it. When you don't have it, you won't notice, but once you have it, you can't live without.)

Enable DVD-in-motion (only for the CIC)
(My gf loves this. Finally, I found a way to keep her mouth shut when I am driving, lol.)

Enable Euro front blinkers (disable US Side markers)
(It makes the car a sportier look)

Enable remote folding mirrors and windows/sunroof opening/closing
(Don’t have a picture for it but basically you have the choice to close all the windows and fold both mirrors when you lock the car by just press the key for 2 sec)

Enable remote trunk opening/closing (X5/X6 only)
(Don’t have a picture either but its' also a great feature, especially for the closing part)

Overall, I know these are just some small things to the car but I really feel my car is now completed and I enjoy every sec when driving it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0