View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 04:17 PM   #9
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Why can't we have nice things? Because I'm not willing to get raked over the coals with the ///M tax and/or overpay for something simple as an LED bulb?

There's hardly any aftermarket for this platform because we're the bastard child of the ///M community in that it was made for only like 3 years after they worked out some kinks from the chronically problematic N63 and before updating to the S63TU. Our engine is few and far between, plain and simple...there are plenty of owners who want to mod theirs, but the MARKET isn't there, NOT because they're afraid to come to the board and get there feelers hurt. R @ RK deserved a pitch fork because he screwed over a fellow board member here by making hollow promises, not delivering and overall taking advantage of someones courtesy...which he then used to profit from. I've worked in aviation since 1995, I've taken college classes to lay, vacuum seal, etc carbon fiber...there's NOTHING about his intakes that make them worth $1300+. Pricing aside, if you like dealing/defending people like that in the BMW community or demeanor in general, more power to you. I'm sure if you dropped that much money on his intakes though, he'd be super nice to you as well.

As I said, it's Seattle. I had to take multiple pics, move around, refocus, etc and I've still got plenty of overexposure in mine. I've had these bulbs in since near the end of summer (read: still sunny out) and they're plenty bright. Compare my pics and then click on the links in Lux's signature (here, I'll make it easy for you - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hp?p=21127883)...there's plenty of pics of different vehicles, different angles, differing background lighting, etc etc. There's only so much that can be done for a poor BMW design. They're not infinitely brighter and surely not worth 33x more for MAYBE being slightly brighter based on the perfect picture angle, exposure, etc.

Is LUX going out of business because of my few posts on one thread? Last I checked, these forums we're a place of discussion. Competition is motivation for improvement and price adjustments...all things that benefit the customer. I'm free to "blast" anyone I chose so long as I'm not being vulgar...them being a vendor doesn't make them immune from opposing opinions! It's easy to go above and beyond to make yourself look good when there's that kind of markup, and you are free to disagree with me because your financially vested in your defense of them. You should hear what I have to say about Comcast, but it sounds like you're against opinions on cheaper competition that could provide equal or better service for far less...that makes no sense to me.

Last edited by m5james; 12-01-2017 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0