11-30-2017, 06:58 AM   #8
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by minneasnowtan View Post
For anyone looking into changing out your running lights, you can't go wrong with Lux!

Here is a little story about the success I've had with the company.
About 14 months ago I bought the 160 model for my x6m. 2 weeks ago the driver side light went out. I called Lux and they told me that there was a 1 year warranty on the bulbs. But because I was so close to that mark they would still honor it (14months vs 12months).

Not only did they send me two brand new bulbs, they also sent me the newer 180 model.

I've been very satisfied with the prompt customer service I've received and felt like Lux needed a shout out with the overall great experience.
I've had the same experience with lux. Top notch customer service.

On a side note...this is why we can't have nice things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Bottom line...are your bulbs 33% brighter because they're 33x more expensive.
No wonder virtually no aftermarket exists for this platform. Every time someone brings a product to the market, they are chased away with pitchforks. It was the same with RK and his intakes.

...and yes, the LUX 180s are infinitely brighter than the pictures you have posted of the eBay bulbs for your X. Your pictures were clearly taken during overcast skies, can't even take an overcast picture of the 160/180s due to overexposure.

If you're content with your $6 eBay bulbs, so be it. Don't blast LUX on here for going above and beyond when they didn't have to...it makes no sense.

Last edited by mirob; 11-30-2017 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: Spelling.
Appreciate 0