View Single Post
      12-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #17
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 5.0

Most dealers at the start of the 2010 model year were clueless to the 7RR option (gee what a surprise!). Thank God for our little helpful forum! I do so love it.

I drove a stock 3.5, a stock 5.0 and my 5.0 (my 2010) with the performance upgrade. Yes it is noticable and worth the price. 5.0 to 5.0 enhanced, it just pulls a lot harder all through the range.

I still want more though! My goal is a reliable 500HP, I am waiting to see how far Dinan takes it. That's only another 50Hp - 60HP from where we are at now with the factory existing software only performance upgrade.

More boost = more power simple enough, but the trick is how much on premuim gas before detonation and over pressure become damaging. I'll bet that BMW has left a good bit on the table as OEM has to err to the conservative side.

I'd love to toy with a Juice Box type product but seems a bit risky.

Also, this vehicle needs an an airbox, being a lower production vehicle I wonder if K&N ever will make one for the X6 5.0?

That in conjucntion with a better exhaust should lend a few more horsies with no stress on the sytem (combined maybe 10-15 realistically), albeit mostly at higher rpm's.

Nowadays you don't get that much from catback systems as OEM exhaust are pretty freeflowing, I'll take a system with just a few HP's if it toughens the sound up to my liking.

I figure I have the winter to wait it out for Dinan, etc.
2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0