grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
ok strange logic but I'll bite, if you haven't experienced something how do you objectively critique it ?

I really don't care if people like it or not (to each his own) but as an engineer I have a hard time grasping the concept of a conclusion without any data.
How is it strange logic? He said the naysayers don't own one. I pointed out if they don't like the car why would they own one. Do you buy things you don't like? Do you feel like you have to own something to be able to say "I don't like that"? How many people have you heard on BMW forums rip on American vehicles? Should they not be able to have an opinion about them because they don't own one? Obviously if they own a BMW they could have bought most American vehicles on the market but choose not to for some reason.

I looked at and drove an X6 while shopping for my most recent car and just didn't get it or like it. Pretty much everyone else here has the same ability to go to a dealer and look at/ drive one as well I'd assume. Who says they have no "data"?

You obviously own one and it works for you. Congrats. I'm glad you like your car and I'm not being sarcastic. Everyone should like the cars they own. I have an affection for the G-wagen. I can't explain why but, I do. It makes about as much sense as the X6 does in this economic climate though. I think the point JC is making is the niche for this car is so small nowadays that in a time where companies need to be streamlined and cutting overhead it doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.

Last edited by hotrod2448; 01-06-2010 at 07:05 AM..
Appreciate 0