View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #55
Love_My_X6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Running boards are a must if you are short (my wife is 5' 2" and hates getting in and out of my X6 due to lack of running boards). Making matters worse, this vehicle has no passenger or driver grab handle (one of my top 10 issues with the truck).

However if you are tall then you DON'T want the running boards because you will rub your leg on them getting in and out of the vehicle and if you live in a crappy climate, your pants will be in bad shape by the time you get to work The X6 does however look sweet with them.

Confirmed.
Running boards were first a yes because they look good. I am a 5'7" female. When we found a test drive X6 I noted the issue of rubbing my leg on them getting out. And when I tried to use them, I hit my head on the car. So I took running boards off of my order, but I could not let it go. I went back later and got in and out of an X5 without the running boards,(no x6 to be found) and also found a review that mentioned the sill sticking out on an X6 without running boards and the reviewer noted the sill rubbed his pants getting in and out. So, all in all, I don't think the running board adds a whole lot of width to the sill. An inch or less maybe. So, I added them back to my build. I will learn how to get in and out of my X6!

Loving it in anticipation.
Appreciate 0