View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #57
Maxx2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
1.) Really, you can't seriously judge that from those pictures?

2.) It depends on what wheels you are running and their factory offset to begin with... You can't just say this spacer is too much without saying what wheel or what offset your wheel originally is.

3.) I have 25mm spacers in the rear for a +10 offset overall (my wheels are 22x11 +35 to begin with) in the rear and I'm still under the fender. Kinda wish I went with the 30. And no, it looks nothing like some "tricked-out honda look."

Lastly, the longer the bolt, the less safe it is... I mean this just makes sense, you think they couldn't make 25mm or 30mm spacers work with a straight bolt? They could and it'd be much easier to produce, but the bolt is the weak link here so they chose to make it two pieces (wheel to spacer, spacer to hub) for added safety.

I find it very strange that he went with a 15mm in the front and only a 20 in the rear. Why not just a 10 or 12 in the front?

1) Why not? It is quite obvious from those pictures that the wheels are pushed out as far as possible without going beyond the fender flares.

2) He was obviously referring to this specific application and therefore his point is valid.

3) What's your point? If you purchased a set of wheels with the incorrect offset then yes, theoretically you could use a 50mm spacer and still have them tucked in. (Hint: You bought the wrong wheels)

4) Unless you can provide facts to back up your claims then don't try to argue this point. There is plenty of data online to prove otherwise.
A 20mm longer bolt does not inherently make it "less safe". Knowing what type of bolt is being used is a critical point which you've left out.

5) You find it strange? I actually measured the distances before spacers and then purchased the closest available H&R spacers to reach those numbers front and rear. Why should I have chosen 10mm or 12mm when the measured gap was closer to 18mm? To be different? Makes absolutely no sense.

If you decide to use 50mm spacers front and rear that's great for you. Next time choose a set of wheels with the proper offset for your vehicle...
Appreciate 0