dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
1 guy...
I heard about 1 guy that got pregnant and gave birth... Oh that's right it was a girl.. Hearsay is crap.. If all of the piggybacks were so detectable they would be out of business.. as far as I can see.. they are THRIVING. I personally removed every modification from my car having only 3 months left on my car. I drove it modded for over 2 years and never once ran into a single warranty related problem. I was smart, I took proper care of my car and never abused it. At its maximum dyno test it pushed over 400 WHP and WTQ.. It has also ran in the low 12's at the track. I am 1 guy who did not have a single issue. (Besides 3 HPFPs, but my first one went before I put a single modification on the car) Based solely on numbers my story is as valuable as the 1 guy who blew his turbos and had to pay.

and btw BMW doesn't VOID warranties. They Flag them.. when they are flagged the car has to be returned to its original state at the owners expense before the warranty can be reinstated. It is illegal to void the warranty. If you are reading this and your warranty has supposedly been voided send me a PM I will forward you to a lawyer who will help you get the compensation you deserve. It has also been a problem at BMW dealers that they tell their clients their warranty is "voided" when in fact they are flagged and they suck their clients dry by forcing them to pay for services that should otherwise be covered under warranty. All the while, knowing they can remove the flag when the car is returned to stock form. But I guess that would be bad business?

My car called home and wanted an oil change, I arranged to take in first thing in the morning ( they have a nice little coffee shop and they give you chips to pay for things) and wait while they did it. I got coffee and a roll , broke out my laptop and "went to work".
A couple of the service guys came an and "I" over heard them saying that BMW was able to detect when a car had been modified. From what i gathered someone had brought in a car that was having a reduced power issue and diagnostics showed that an "external box" (that's how they referred to it) had been attached to it at some point ( apparently it wasn't attached now).

So if you are going to do this at all you better go with someone that will give you some kind of warranty. in these economic times I suspect BMW may crack down just to save themselves some money. In the US for these kind of mods Magnuson-Moss will not protect you.
Appreciate 0