View Single Post
      02-09-2024, 07:42 PM   #55
Turbo-Tel
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 e70 xdrive 2012

Hi sorry to jump into this but I’m new to this and a bit slow with tec stuff,I’ve recently brought x5 e70 2012 and it’s got a judder throughout the rev range,today I’ve replaced transmission fluid and belly pan/filter,and it looks like it’s not been changed since leaving factory! It’s currently on 166k,I’m using Carly (which I agree isn’t the best) it says oil wear in a transmission issue which was first logged about 85k! So did the fluid change and pan,filled up then selected D&R then after a little check and filled up more. Then code read it again and the issue was gone! After driving it for about 60miles it still judders but does feel better,code read again and transmission issue has come back saying vtg oil wear! So after thinking it reset itself it hasn’t. So Redneck am I right in saying that my transfer case is ATC700? I’ve looked up for what fluid and the one that someone linked says it’s ok for x5 2012 but it doesn’t have xdrive next to my x5 2012 so is this still ok to use? Do I need to replace bung drain plug thing? I’m from essex and don’t have ista protool,my mechanic has snap on solous latest version and I’ve got Carly and autel plugin.
Do you have any contacts that ain’t going to rip me off near me so I can order the correct fluid and or drain plug and most of all someone that can rest or calibrate my car?

Thanks in advance for any information and advice
Appreciate 1