04-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #51
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
In the end, marriage is a personal choice. People's opinions are driven by their experiences and the experiences of those around them.

I too know people who have gone through terrible divorces. It sucks and I wish that on nobody but I have also seen people be pulled from a terrible place in life because of marriage. I have seen people turn their lives around because of marriage.

It is a scary commitment because it takes two people for marriage to be successful. It takes integrity and putting someone else's needs over yourselves. For carve and bobble, it seems that your ex-SO failed to do so and I feel for you guys. Its a nightmare and terrible situation and I hope you guys have found happiness elsewhere...

But to think that there is "nothing in it for guys" is an opinion. You pose it as a question but in doing so are showing your opinion due to personal circumstance. Not only am I sorry for you guys, I am sorry for whoever your pessimistic views have influenced because there is plenty to gain in marriage and thinking that your personal circumstance is the rule is an extremely "half empty" view on life.
Thanks but in parting I am not a half empty person quite the contrary in reality. I never sway or state my opinion to people whom it may matter to unless they are about to enter a destructive path. I am beyond happy today with a wonderful person who views us as equals and partners. Simply our opinion is marriage is not needed to be there, it's who we are as people. As far as opinion goes I believe the majority of my ramblings had IMO in them. I fully realize at the ripe old age of 57 that opinion guides 70% of what I do daily but it does not make me judge. I was simply offering a rebuttal to statements made and really believe you are whom you are and whom you are destined to be.
Appreciate 0