07-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelm3 View Post
From my experience with Porsche, Mitsubishi and Isuzu The extended warranty gets more expensive the more miles you have on the vehicle. all that equals is more hassle later when its time o choose an extended warranty. i say do not play. the extended warranty right from BMW is Only $1995 according to my dealership "BMW of columbus, Ga" so i made sure i was clear that even though I am picking the X6 up from the performance ctr in SC, I am driving it STRAIGHT to them to get my warranty !!!

I will avoid all the B.S. with warranty no more. plus the advantage gained when reselling is no comparison. again, vehicles with extended warranties sell faster than vehicles w/o. period.

Just my 2cents.
GL in any case
From my experience with Porsche on my 911 Turbo Cab, the warranty price didn't change at all from day 1 and right before the 4-year warranty ended. Same with BMW on my previous E46 M3.

I think your Porsche dealer was trying to take advantage of you. The fact that your dealer "wasn't happy" about fixing the tranny is stupid too. My Porsche dealer fixes EVERYTHING, no questions asked. I have never been happier with warranty service as I have been with Porsche. Their service is top-notch (at least at my dealer)

The dealer doesn't pay for warranty claims out of their pocket, Porsche does. Porsche compensates the dealer for the costs, your dealer doesn't pay a dime and in fact MAKES money.

- KJ
Appreciate 0