Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed View Post
Hi Guys,

thanks for the responses..

I am in Austria so delivery from the US takes another 4-6 weeks on top of the standard delivery time of the car. That is why I am expecting the car sometime in July...

Regarding the running boards - I am not sure I wont be using them (don't use them on my dad's x5) but I wonder whether it would look too "plain" without the running boards. That is why I ordered it.. I will think about it in the next day or two. Maybe replace it for the window shades which we might need if we have children..

The car might look relative naked for american standards but the x6 is way too expensive in this part of the world. The MSRP of my configuraiton is EUR 92k, so about USD 120k - you see now why I have left out options such as Logic 7, 20" alloys, HUD or AD???

Regarding my other cars - each car has a history. They were all very well spec'd but each one had one flaw or the other. My first 530d was a manual tranny and had a problem with diesel particulate filter - sold the car after 2 years. The 535d had a terrible automatic tranny and the consumption was too high - sold it after 7 months. The 520d (the best looking car i had) was without active steering, so that took away the fun of driving it. The 330dA did nothing wrong but i really never liked the look of the car, but I ordered it because i thought it was a sensible solution. Currently there are 3 cars out there that i love - the a5, the 3 series coupe (i ordered the car 3 times and changed th order to one of the cars listed obove), and the x6. The x6 won the race...

Ok a couple of things...

As you can see by the posts on this forum the X6 is full of new technology and hence is still having issues (look at the "check engine light " issue that showed up in 2008 models and is still being seen on 2009 models).

Looking at your reasons for getting rid of cars I suspect you may be getting rid of your X6 shortly after getting it. If you are expecting this car to be issue free buy something else and save yourself the hassle. There are folks who have purchased it and had no problems so you might get lucky.
However once the kinks are worked out there's nothing like it.

As far as the running boards I had 2 X5's and didn't even think about the running boards. It's not the cute aluminum covers that are the issue but the running boards themselves. They are badly position so that unless you are about 6'6" with really long legs the back of your pants will rub against them (after rain/snow really sucks). From what I heard here the aluminum covers just make this worse.
Appreciate 0