07-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
cryptic23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside99 View Post
Just had my full HID Xenon upgrade done and here are the pics

Overall I'm very pleased, but unfortunately, it blows errors in reverse and when you make left and right turns when you have the lights set to adaptive drive (light switch all the way to the left, when you signal and make turns, that sides fog light comes on). We're going to try a fix for that, but otherwise no error codes.

Not quite sure on the otherwise no error , that's enough to see that it does not work just yet for me..

Looks good though i am just about to go that road my self...

Although only if you manage to clear the errors which i hope can be done as the ECU that is throwing the errors requires that the currents in the HID ballast match what a stock bulb would give but 4 ballasts !

I have a feeling that if you remove the fog HID the angel eyes will work fine with HID and no errors, as it the fog that confusing the ECU to give errors.
There are four ballast in place and they all have to be 100% precise to carry the current, as they are not made by BMW there will always be teething problems. philips make a rock solid kit for BMW , thats the one i am going to try , fingers crossed, nice thread though keep it up .

(ECU = engine control unit) , just incase its called something else out side of the uk !
Appreciate 0