07-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
BaNaNaBoy69
Canada
Rep
Drives: E88

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombloke View Post
I tend to think the roofrails/running board combo acts to convey more suv than coupe-on-steroids, but it does look good.

Couldn't help noticing the other car hiding in the back of that second pic, nice combo...

+1

I like the spoiler, wish it was a little longer so it wraps around the sides a little better.

Although they look okay, I don't like running boards anymore. I had them on my X3 and my calf always rubbed against in getting out of the car and it always got my pants dirty or even wet when it rained... kind of annoying. The only good use I ever got out of them was when I washed my car myself, I could use it as a step and wash the roof easier, but this only worked in conjunction with the roof rails since I needed something to hold on to.

I also had roof rails on my X3. I'm not sure about the roof rails on the X6 though. I'd only consider them if I was actually going to make use of them for transport.

As for the mud guards, I'm not big on them either. I kind of like the idea of the X6 being a raised sports car. I know it has an identity crisis, sports coupe turned SUV. I'd rather keep it sleek, sports coupe looking than chunky, utility looking.

All-in-all, it ain't bad.
Appreciate 0