View Single Post
      12-05-2017, 07:56 AM   #11
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
It sounds strange to me that you couldn't find feed back for this system if you looked around, there are plenty, anyway I'm probably one of the first at least on Xbimmers who bought it and installed it.

my thoughts:

1. I love it
2. Screen is great and very high quality, much better than E70 OEM screen (in my opinion)
as u know this is touch screen and new forward location makes it easy to use it as touch screen!
- u will need to remove the original screen in order to install new screen and no there gonna be no gap behind the screen as it was designed specifically for e70 with special plastic plate behind it!
3. It looks like it belongs!
4. This system isn't NBT as it doesn't provide NBT functionalities! What it is a Android "tablet" built in to great monitor.
- u original system CCC/CIC won't go anywhere it will still be present and will remain as your main system. All of the present functions still be available: backup camera, Bluetooth etc.
- u gonna get ability to switch to Android system where you gonna be welcomed by NBT interface (new or old) actually there are 3 to choose from at the moment. You will be able to use any apps that available on Android today (any navigation apps for example)!
- it has its own interface to play music, videos etc.,
- it comes with its own GPS antenna and USB cables to connect anything u want to connect!
- u can use OEM backup camera or you can add another one
- u can connect front camera as well

there are many more features but I'm sure u can read about it on Avin

There are some issues as well, depends on u car configuration you might need to connect AUX cable to center console outlet in order to get sound out of Android unit, some configuration doesn't require that but u really won't know until u try it!
the Bluetooth integration not that great as it interferes with OEM Bluetooth, for example for phone calls, mostly because Android's microphone is junk, most ppl ended up disconnecting Android's Bluetooth!

There are more "issues" I can think of but this post is getting long!

If you looking for advice I would suggest get uself and upgrade but don't make a mistake that's not a true NBT!

If u have particular question let me know and I'll try to answer!

Yeah I'm not sure why nothing was popping up unless it was purely me not specifying the search as I should normally. Anyway, thanks for the in depth review/feedback regarding this particular unit. I did read up a lot on the Avinusa website as well to get more of an understanding. I believe someone asked this above, XM radio functions would work with this unit as well wouldn't it? Since a lot of the plug n play from the OEM seem to have it's availability slot in this Android tablet

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0