11-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #57
racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, Alpina B7, E92 M3, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
NICE! I shall see you at California Speedway then. Redline time attack right? I was just there last weekend with PCA. You know, the GT-R was great. But I got so heated with my Nissan dealer in my area, Im surprised that no one has burned that mother to the ground. *cough* *cough* That's about it. (Nearest nissan dealer is a 1 hour away from my local one) I had the paint chipping off the bumper, the usual things that Im sure most GT-R owners had. I had the car over heat alot. In the summer it gets well over 115 out here. I got so sick of them printing out papers on my car blaming things on me. It wasn't the service I liked and every monthly finance charge that came in the mail left a little less of a smile on my face.

I am considering picking one up in a few years however as a track car Once everyone really knows the strength and weakness once they get to high mileage.
Yeah, the dealers really are idiots. Its really frustrating that Nissan has been so stingy with their BS warranty stipulations. I heard that on the 2010 GTRs it actually says in the manual that if you take the car to the track, drag strip, air strip or even the dyno for that matter it will void your warranty completely! How they can advertise and promote the car as the king of the track, have every auto magazine on the planet have it on the cover, and even post an official video of a Nissan test driver piloting the car around the Nurburgring (with the VDC off I might add, which is another good-bye warranty rule), then threaten every customer with surrendering their warranty if they do the same? My first experience at the dealer was about as bad as it can get; we broke one of the TPMS sensors when mounting the R888s on my wheels, and when we put the new one on it needed to be re-calibrated. After going to the dealer to have this done, and waiting for over an hour, the service tech told me that it couldn't be done without removing all the tires and re-calibrating every TPMS sensor because I changed the tires on the car from the factory ones! They wanted $500 to do it LOL.

Regardless, when purchasing my GTR I was planning to modify it far beyond any point in which a warranty claim could be filed, unless my windshield wipers break. However, for the customer who wants to leave their car stock and take it to the track a few times, I can see how they might lean towards a different make. Even the required services on the car are ridiculous if you read the owner's manual.

As far as the time attack goes, I have recently decided that I probably won't be competing in my car unless I can get a set of JRZ coilovers installed prior to the event. The stock suspension might not be enough to handle the high speed compression through the bank, and smashing my carbon splitter into the tarmac or having a blowout at 150mph+ would probably end in a very bad day. I will probably still be out there though, so come say hi.

-Matt
Appreciate 0