View Single Post
      02-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #12
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
Supersprint makes custom turbo manifolds for our stock turbos...only $6300. Makes more sense to find used M5 stuff like you said. Do the downpipes match up though? Most wrecked M5s I've seen are sold at auction and not necessarily parted. Usually it's just the whole engine if you find them. Probably more to come with time. I imagine that by the time I can afford all those upgrades I might as well buy a newer M.
$6.3k is quite the sticker price for those supersprint headers!
But then again Supersprint is known for their quality parts and their price reflects that. If you look on ebay you can sometimes find s63tu turbos. There was a set of brand new pure stage 2 TU turbos listed on ebay about a month ago for around $6k I believe. But then you'd have buy the manifold as well which is another 6k...

I'm having a valve job done on my car right now and was just curious how much an entire used s63tu engine costed. My mechanic looked it up for me and there were a few listed for around 15k with low miles. For the price of the stage 2 TU turbos +manifold upgrade you could almost buy the whole damn engine!

Either way I can't wait to see the numbers it puts down its going to be dumb fast
Appreciate 0