01-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #9
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoBMW View Post
I'm not aware if the OP ended up replacing the motor mounts on their N55, I just replaced mine when replacing the oil pan gasket and found the rubber bottom of the right passenger side motor mount completely split with barely any fluid left inside. I figured this was most likely the cause of the vibration I was having when stopped at a red light with my foot on the brake and in Drive waiting for the light to change. However, the vibration problem actually became worse. Does anyone know what might be causing this vibration problem if the motor mounts were replaced and should be ruled out of the equation?
I did actually replace them shortly after posting. I have since gotten rid of the X5 for a newer one. As far as your vibration problem, I’d be curious as to how it’s running. Do you have a vacuum leak? The reason why I ask is that you indicated it’s while your foot is on the brake at a light that you experience the vibration. It maybe a stretch but maybe worth looking into. I’d also be curious as the the condition of the steering rack bushings.
Appreciate 1