Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecastle View Post
If you consider added turbo lag, possible (low chance) check engine lights, and pffft noises on shifts/throttle lift an upgrade, this is the product for you. This is not a performance upgrade, this is a noises/matter of taste upgrade. As you can tell I'm not a fan of BOVs; as I like to add performance/reliability and I'm not much into things that are there for sound/style.

This should give you a good idea of what adding a BOV does to a car
https://www.eurosporttuning.com/blog...low-off-valve/

If you have a high boost application and you tear your DV membranes frequently there is the GFB DV+ that could be considered a performance upgrade.

Generally DV are not a weak point on most cars, and are pretty cheap/easy on the M at least to replace when/if they fail. I think I replaced both of mine for $120, and under 20 minutes. Mine were fine vintage 2011/61K miles, I replaced them tracking down a 30FF error. They were not the cause.
Thanks. I am familiar with BOV's, was curious on what difference it does in the X5M platform, which is really the same as I know them be. With a stage 1 tune, seems to me the OEM Diverter valve will do fine with the mild boost increase.
Appreciate 0