01-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #56
howieR
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i & X5

Top Gear X6 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post

Jeremy Clarkson has long been accused of being anti BMW. A reputation he certainly earned. But as of late, he has changed his tune and has been actually praising most recent BMWs. Unfortunatly, it seems in this episode, Clarkson isn't very fond of the X6. Regardless, in typical Top Gear style, his review is very entertaining and he mixes his opinion with great visuals and entertainment all the way through. The sub plot of the entire review is hilarious!
Comment:
I Watched this show, and being aware of Jeremy's attitude in the past to BMW, was most interested to see what he had to say.(Particularly as owner of a BMW X5 twin turbo diesel).

It was funny and entertaining, which is their first goal I guess, but it annoyed me because he used the tired old example of how a Range Rover can drive up a muddy English hillside and a BMW can't.

Who cares!

I only ever drive on road, and the X5 and X6 do that very well. They also do it a lot faster than a Range Rover and a lot more economically. He didn't bother to mention those two rather important facts in his comparison. He also showed a X6 slipping and sliding in the snow. Surely it must have had 'summer tyres'. We have our X5 in Klosters Switzerland in the snow with steep drives and roadways, and it drives up them 'like a 4 wheel drive tractor' - NEVER slipping like he showed.
Appreciate 0