07-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #16
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Thanks, the calipers look amazing, and you got a great deal. I'm not sure if I'm willing to go through with this myself. I already own an M car, and my OE rotors were also around $1500 for the front set. I can't see myself paying the M tax on a non M car just for M brakes. The stock X5 front rotors were only like $500 for comparison. lol.
Yea this was more just for looks as I hate when you have huge rims and small brakes, also effects braking with the extra rotational mass. For the most part I collect parts over the year and then one day i binge and mod the shit out of it. The calipers I got off eBay for 500 the running boards new for 399 the wheel arches new for 199 and the rotors front and rear for 1600..... painted the calipers myself so that was free, just taking my time and trying to score good deals when I can. eBay has some crazy deals at times. As car-part.com does from time to time as well.

Just because it's not an M doesn't mean it's not worthy of the pretty stuff.

Hell my Mini Cooper has 3k dollar brembo GT kit on it, looks killer and stops it on a dime
Appreciate 0