View Single Post
      03-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #36
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
I think I had about $1000 in the LCI headlights. I sold my non LCI headlights for $750, so my cost for the headlights is $250. I did pay $260 for a new FRM3 though, because I didn't know whether the vin could be re-written in a used FRM. After getting a new FRM3, you can re-write the uif for the vin a total of 3 times, so feel free to pick up a used one on ebay.

I started collecting parts about a year ago, and would wait until I got a deal on ebay. As other people have posted before, you can find good deals, but it all depends on how impatient and knowledgeable you are.

Not one of the vendors has posted a picture directly comparing the OE LCI rings to the aftermarket stuff. Lets see how they compare. The challenge has been issued.
I'd have to say that although not cheap, $1000 for an upgrade is not out of this world. Most would spend that on exhaust, splitters, etc.

Did you do all the work yourself?

And the reason why vendors won't post an OEM LED vs. their aftermarket bulbs is because it would be embarrassing. There is no point because not a SINGLE bulb out there can make the non-OEM coronas look anything like the OEM coronas. On a different forum I even saw some guy put true H8 HID lights in there. The inner halo was BLINDINGLY bright, and the outer one, well, you know the story there. Of course it messed up the coronas, but it just goes to show there is little point. It's a slight improvement, but that's about it.
Appreciate 0