05-19-2016, 01:15 AM   #6
theaudir8fan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: a major headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I've got the Blackvue 650 and I bought the Power Magic Pro because I thought that'd help prevent the battery warnings Nevertheless, I've already got the drivers side kickpanel out since I recently installed remote start and have yet to finish running the antenna for the remote start. Seeing that the camera length might interfere with mirror adjustment, is there any reason why you didn't install it more towards the passenger side so it can be less visible from the drivers seat? Did you run the wires down the drivers side or passenger side of the car and do you have pics of where you connected/tapped the power signal for the Power Magic box?
the PMP certainly doesn't prevent the warnings, our cars gives battery warnings very easily, but the PMP does at least prevent from draining the battery excessively so you won't be in a situation where you can't start the car.
I found that where I put the camera doesn't interfere with the camera adjustment at all, it actually fits there really well, the issue with the passenger side of the mirror is that you need to leave enough space away from the housing to make sure you can still remove the camera when you want, as it slides out towards the left, also the wires won't be tucked away as nicely.
I actually ran the wires to the back fuse box in the trunk and put the PMP there as well. I ran the wire in between the roof liner and the doors
Appreciate 0