View Single Post
      10-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Rboosted717
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

DSC and xDrive Malfunction

While driving down the highway the car jerked suddenly and the following malfunction lights came on:
"Chassis stabilization malfunction"
"DSC and xDrive malfunction" - Chassis stabilization and traction reduced. Drive moderately. Have the system checked by the nearest BMW center.
"DBC malfunction! Drive carefully"

After the warning lights came on, the car of course drove in limp mode until I got home (thankfully 1mile away). After parking the truck and restarting the error lights went away and oddly drives normally as if nothing happened.

Has anyone had this problem? I searched around a found several pre-2010 5-series owners having this issue with the cause being a faulty steering position sensor.

I have a 2010 X5M w/11k miles and it hash't been serviced/been to a dealership since the purchase last Nov.

Aside from this error, I did get the "power reduced error" once after hitting the rev limiter in 1st which went away after restarting.
Also on a few occasions, normally on my way home in traffic, I've noticed the engine would sometimes emit a large amount of white smoke after some stop and go traffic, or when up-shifting under light/moderate load. I've asked ESS and they never heard of this issue.

The truck has Akrapovic downpipes, SS catless downpipes, ESS reflash and K&N filters. I'm debating bring it in to the dealership, however I'm hesitant given the downpipes and reflash (very noticible). Any ideas?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0